The concept of search engine optimization has existed since the appearance of search engines. With the development of the Internet for more than 20 years, SEO (search engine optimization) has become a familiar word today. But I have to say that as of today, there are still too many people, entrepreneurs, managers, and even practitioners who have a wrong understanding of SEO, thinking that SEO is content, doing rankings, and adding a lot of links to pages to improve web pages Ranking, and even in order to achieve certain goals in the short term, adopt some so-called "smart" methods-that is, black hat SEO methods that everyone is familiar with, then I can only say that these theories are actually ridiculous and quite Paranoid.
The work of SEO personnel includes researching content strategy, page SEO optimization, data analysis, etc. It is no exaggeration to say that a senior SEO personnel must be an excellent strategic talent, and must be one or more of them. Multi-faceted talents in the field. In fact, SEO is difficult to do, which is incomprehensible and surprising in the eyes of many outsiders, because there are many factors that affect SEO, and these factors become more intelligent and perfect with the construction of structured data of search engines. Search engine marketing has become a more and more popular information and the weight of decision-making factors will increase, and there will be more and more influencing factors.
Below, I will list some basic issues that a professional SEO staff needs to think about:
1. Whether SEO can be integrated with the company's overall product, marketing and sales strategies, this is SEO's role in the company and brand strategy. 2. Keyword research and positioning (this process requires tools, patience, intuition
, and testing requires rich marketing experience);
3. Funnel optimization, the funnel model theory can be described as every A person who knows some marketing knowledge will often talk about it, but nowadays, conversion rate optimization, also known as CRO data, will directly or indirectly affect the effect of SEO and the adjustment of strategies. What is the logic and relationship behind this? 4. Detect
and optimize content for users (all directly related factors such as time on site, bounce rate, and user engagement);
5. Content strategy (in advanced optimization, the content strategy will be integrated into the overall marketing strategy);
6. Page optimization (the adjustment of every detail of the page layout is the result of professional data perspective analysis and in-depth user access psychological analysis) ;
7. Make the website more friendly to search engines (this has become a more and more complex process, resulting in more professional and skilled SEO, and higher requirements for the comprehensive quality of practitioners, because the current website will use more Many emerging technologies, such as page navigation, Ajax crawling technology, responsive technology, adaptive technology, etc.)
8. Website analysis: user monitoring is just the beginning, now there are many such as website management tools, link monitoring, brand mentions, Things worth researching and considering, such as social media tracking;
9. Vertical search lists (like videos, pictures, news, blogs, and shopping information searches, etc.), scientific data analysis of just one of them will be a long time. Process;
10. Usability and user experience telemarketing list discussion (SEO expertise in this field even exceeds some intermediate product managers, because these will have an important impact on ranking);
11. Image positioning and management;
12. Competitor survey, SEO Practitioners need to understand the basic methods and methodology of market research;
13. Social media marketing: Nowadays, social media cannot be ignored by SEO practitioners, and needs to be supported by many strategies and tactics;
14. Inter-enterprise alliance, inter-platform integration layout, Cybersecurity issues, intellectual ownership issues, legal issues, and more.
The above are just the basic points that a real SEO professional needs to have and must consider in their daily work, and what is required behind these will be their sources: technology, marketing, market, products, consumer psychology, data, etc. One of the reasons why SEO is not easy to do is also here. The growth and development of a real SEO talent requires a long process.
[Search engines need to stick to the essence]
The previous article has expressed and explained some misunderstandings about SEO in the eyes of everyone, then I will explain why search engine marketing needs to stick to its essence. To express this point of view, we have to mention the evolutionary history of search engines, which can also be said to be the evolutionary history of SEO.